Video: Thousands marched last night in Bahrain's Sitra ahead of the revolution's 4th anniversary
2015-02-13 - 10:14 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Local news networks posted on Twitter a video of a protest staged lastnight in Sitra, which was considered one of biggest rallies organized since demonstrations, marking the February 14 revolution, kicked off.
It was estimated that thousands of protesters marched in a massive peaceful demonstration through the streets of Sitra in the late hours of the night, and then the march was disrupted by the brutal crackdown of regime forces.
Demonstrators held posters that read slogans denouncing the Bahrain's monarch during the highly-organized rally. Thousands chanted slogans, which voiced their support for the prominent Bahraini opposition leaders Abdulwahhab Hussein and Hassan Moushaymea, as they waved national flags and held February 14 Coalition banners.
Chants of "The people want the downfall of the regime" and "Down, down Hamad" echoed through the streets of Sitra, as protesters called for the ruling regime to step down and Bahrain's King Hamad bin Issa Al Khalifa, which they described as the "country's tyrant" to relinquish power, holding him accountable of all the crimes and abuses that are still being committed in the island Kingdom on a daily basis.
- 2018-03-02Ali Al-Aswad from Geneva: Bahraini Authorities Failed to Convince Int’l Community the Opposition is “Terrorist”
- 2018-03-02VIDEO: Sayed Ghoraifi Takes Part in Freedom Martyrs’ Funeral in Karbabad
- 2018-02-23VIDEO: Washington Calls for Nabeel Rajab’s Immediate Release
- 2018-02-21US Department of State: We Will Continue to Have Conversations with Bahraini Government about Nabeel Rajab Case
- 2018-02-20Adam Nabeel Rajab: My Father Spent 4 out of 7 Uprising Years in Prison
comments powered by Disqus