Mahdi Abu Deeb Walks out of Prison after 5 Years of Imprisonment
2016-04-05 - 7:59 p
The Bahraini authorities released the president of the president of the Bahrain Teachers Association (BTA) after serving a five-year sentence, for supporting the demands of protestors during the February 14 uprising.
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities released on Monday (April 4, 2016) the president of the president of the Bahrain Teachers Association (BTA), Mahdi Abu Deeb, after serving a five-year sentence, for his role in supporting the demands of protestors during the February 14 uprising that erupted in 2011.
The International Commission on Education said that the BTA president served a five-year jail term for only calling for a teachers strike, demanding democratic reforms in the country.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
comments powered by Disqus