Rayhana Al-Mosawi Documents at NIHR Her Account of Torture & Abuse
2016-05-10 - 1:56 am
Bahrain Mirror: President of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR), Nabeel Rajab, announced that activist Rayhana Al-Mosawi, who was recently released from prison, documented on Sunday (May 8, 2016) at the National Institution for Human Rights the torture she was subjected to during her interrogation three years ago.
"Activist Rayhana Al-Mosawi has just left the National Institution for Human Rights where she documented her case in details, noting that she has already documented it at the Ombudsman two years earlier. The Ombudsman talked about Rayhana's case in its statement, stating that they referred the case to the Special Investigation Unit; this means that the Ombudsman somehow believes Rayhana's allegations," said Rajab on his Instagram account.
Rajab further stated that "the reason behind the SIU's delay of the case is still unknown. It is also unknown whether the unit will work on the case now or not, as the National Institution for Human Rights and Ombudsman do not directly refer the cases to the court because it is the SIU's duty. We are waiting to see what these steps will lead to and we hope they achieve justice for Al-Mosawi and victims of human rights violations."
"Human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh accompanied the victim today," Rajab concluded his statements.
It is noteworthy that vice president of the National Institution for Human Rights, Abdullah Al-Dirazi, pledged to seriously look into Rayhana's case. Al-Mosawi announced in an interview with Bahrain Mirror that Abdullah Al-Dirazi visited her in her prison cell where she informed him about what she was subjected to, yet did not pay much attention to her complaint and took no measures in this regard.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
comments powered by Disqus