Awal Centre Organizes A Round Table on Int’l Translation Day in Antoine Library Tomorrow in Beirut
2017-10-02 - 7:12 p
Bahrain Mirror: Marking the International Translation Day that falls on September 30, Awal Centre for Studies and Documentation is organizing a round table entitled "Translation: Harvest of Words".
The round table will host a number of individuals and organizations involved in translation field; among them are Haitham Al-Nahi, director general of the Arab Organization for Translation, and Abdulghani Kataya, head of translation department at Wamda.
During the event, Awal Centre will present its own experience about the translation of "Records of Bahrain 1820 - 1971"; documents from the Public Record Office and British Library, which will be issued soon.
It is to mention that Awal Centre for Studies and Documentation translated three widely acclaimed books: "After the Sheikhs: The Coming Collapse of the Gulf Monarchies" for Christopher Davidson, "Group Conflict and Political Mobilization in Bahrain and the Arab Gulf" for Justin Gengler and "Mr. Ambassador: Mohammad Javad Zarif"; a biography of the Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs Javad Zarif that was translated from Persian.
"Translation: Harvest of Words" will be held Tuesday, October 3, 2017 in Antoine Library in Beirut Souks, from 5 PM till 7 PM.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
comments powered by Disqus