Administrative Court Rejects Bar Association’s Case against Justice Minister’s Decision Obligating Lawyers to Report on “terrorism Funding and Money Laundering” Suspicion
2018-03-02 - 10:56 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Administrative Court in Bahrain rejected the lawsuit filed by the Bahrain Bar Association against the decision issued by the Bahraini Minister of Justice No. (64) for the year 2017, regarding the obligations related to the procedures of banning and combating money laundering and terrorist funding in the legal profession and the foreign legal consultation offices in the Kingdom of Bahrain, as well as the auditing and control regulations.
Al-Badawi said in a statement that he will appeal against the ruling that did not accept the case in form, i.e. after receiving the merits of the verdict from the court.
It is worth noting that the decision sparked a whirlpool among in the legal community since the decision requires the law offices to take a number of measures.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
comments powered by Disqus