Former MP Sheikh Hamza Al-Dairy Released after 1 Year Imprisonment
2019-01-12 - 1:16 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini authorities released on Thursday (January 10th, 2019) former member of parliament Sheikh Hamza Al-Dairy, after serving a one-year prison sentence.
Al-Dairy was imprisoned on charges of assembling in the Diraz area, where a sit-in was held around the house of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim.
The authorities arrested Sheikh Hamza Al-Dairy on January 10, 2018, after upholding a one-year prison term against him.
He was taken into custody from the court building immediately after the Court of Appeal upheld his sentence.
Bahrain has killed five people in Diraz and sentenced dozens to prison for participating in a sit-in that was held near the house of Qassim, who was under house arrest since the revocation of his nationality in June 2016.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
comments powered by Disqus