US State Department Failed, Its Report on Bahrain Omitted Several Violations: ADHRB
2019-03-22 - 6:17 p
Bahrain Mirror: Americans for Democracy and Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) said that the US State Department largely failed to address human rights violations in Bahrain.
ADHRB stated that it remains concerned that the State Department report omits several events and human rights abuses that occurred in Bahrain in 2018.
The organization said in a statement it issued on March 19, 2019 that "Despite acknowledging these human rights violations in their report, the State Department has largely failed to take measures to address these concerns in their relationship with the Bahraini government."
It noted that "In January 2019, Secretary of State Michael Pompeo traveled to Bahrain and met with various leaders and high-level officials, yet failed to make any public mention of human rights concerns. Instead, Secretary Pompeo undeservingly praised the Bahraini government for its support for religious coexistence and freedom of religion."
Americans for Democracy and Human Rights in Bahrain said "While the State Department's Country Report for Bahrain largely echoed several of our concerns surrounding the human rights situation in the country, it means nothing if the State Department refuses to raise these concerns directly and publicly with high-level Bahraini officials and does not take steps towards implementing policies to eradicate - rather than intensify - the ongoing abuses."
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour