Appeals Court Postpones "Diraz Sit-in" Case to May 25 for Ruling
2019-04-10 - 4:40 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Appeals Court postponed Diraz sit-in case to May 25 for ruling.
The first-instance court sentenced about 171 citizens to prison terms ranging between 6 months and 10 years. Meanwhile, 141 defendants appealed the ruling.
The Ministry of Interior carried out a security campaign to put an end to the sit-in held outside house of spiritual leader Ayatollah Isa Qassim, leaving 5 martyrs and dozens of injured. 280 citizens were arrested in the campaign and others were referred to trial.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture