Ebtisam Al-Sayegh: Former MP Osama Al-Tamimi Turns to US Embassy for Protection Fearing for his Life
2019-06-16 - 4:21 p
Bahrain Mirror: Human rights activist Ebtisam Al-Sayegh said that former Bahraini MP Osama Al-Tamimi had taken refuge in the US Embassy on Saturday (June 15, 2019) to request protection.
She noted on her Twitter account that Al-Tamimi "filed a request to be taken outside Bahrain safely out of fear for his life and the lives of his family members."
She further stated that he informed the embassy that "his request came after he was repeatedly subjected to harassment, persecution and threats by the authorities, specifically members of the Bahraini Ministry of Interior."
Al-Sayegh also pointed out that "Al-Tamimi was pursued on Saturday and forced to get out of his car by Interior Ministry agents who were dressed in civilian attire and driving civilian vehicles."
It is worth to note that MP Osama Al-Tamimi's parliamentary membership was withdrawn on May 20, 2014 after the issuance of a decision by the House of Representatives revoking his membership in a secret session with a majority of 31 votes.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
comments powered by Disqus