Cassation Adjourns Case of Lawyers against Minister of Justice Decision to Monitor their Work until July for Ruling
2019-06-18 - 6:30 p
Bahrain Mirror: The cassation court adjourned challenge of Bahrain Bar Association against minister of justice's order 64/2017 to monitor the works of lawyers offices and their clients, committing to international agreements regarding anti-money laundering and funding terrorism in the legal profession until July 1 for ruling.
The lawsuit was raised by Bahrain Bar Association's chairman, lawyer Hassan Badawi, and was rejected by the first-instance court. The verdict was upheld by the appeals court and challenged in the cassation.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People