Cassation Court Rejects Bahrain Bar Association Challenge against Justice Ministry Decision to Monitor their Works
2019-07-02 - 5:54 p
Bahrain Mirror: The cassation court rejected the challenge of Bahrain Bar Association against minister of justice's order 64/2017 to monitor the works of lawyers offices and their clients, committing to international agreements regarding anti-monetary laundering and funding terrorism.
The lawsuit was raised by Bahrain Bar Association's chairman, lawyer Hassan Badawi, and was rejected by the first-instance court. The verdict was upheld by the appeals court and challenged in the cassation which rejected it and upheld the previous verdict.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People