Bahraini Authorities Continue to Crack Down on Shiites by Summoning Ashura Eulogy Reciters and Preachers
2019-09-06 - 11:40 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): The authorities in Bahrain continue to harass the Shiite majority by constantly summoning Ashura eulogy reciters and preachers, who belong to the Shiite sect, for interrogation.
According to numbers prepared by Bahrain Mirror, since the beginning of the Ashura season five days ago, the security authorities have summoned 10 Shiite clerics, 4 eulogy reciters, and the head of a Hussainiya or Ma'tam (Shiite congregation hall).
The names of the clerics are as follows: "Sheikh Issa Eid, Sheikh Sadiq Rabie, Sheikh Fadel Al-Zaki, Sheikh Abdul Mohsen Mulla Attia Al Jamri, Sheikh Munir Al-Maatouq, Sheikh Mahmoud Al-Ajimi, Sheikh Hamed Ashour, Sheikh Jaafar Al-Sayegh, Mullah Qasim Zinedine and Mullah Jawad Al-Mirza."
The authorities also summoned reciters: "Ali Hammadi, Mahdi Sahwan, Sayed Hadi Al-Biladi and Ahmad Al-Owainati" as well as the head of Ansar Al-Haq Ma'tam, in addition to the destruction of Ashura manifestations that was observed in the towns of Musalla and Al-Markh.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom