Prison Term of 3 Citizens in Diraz Sit-in Case Commuted
2019-11-02 - 7:19 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Criminal Appeals Court issued its ruling in 4 appealing objections out of 167 defendants in case of dispersing the sit-in held outside house of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim in Diraz. The court accepted 3 objections in form and rejected the fourth one.
The court commuted the sentence of one of the defendants from 3 to 1 year in jail, and commuted that of the other two from one year to 6 months in jail. Meanwhile, it rejected the objection of the fourth because he didn't appear before the court.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture