Life Term Handed down to 8 Arrested within Group of 32 Accused of "Forming Terrorist Group"
2019-12-11 - 10:23 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Criminal Court issued its rulings in case of forming a terrorist group affiliated with (14 February Coalition and Al-Wafa Islamic Party) and joining it.
The case includes 32 arrested who were accused of receiving and transferring money, acquiring arms, ammunitions, explosives and fake bombs as well as helping some wanted on running away from the authorities through providing houses for them, according to the indictment.
The court sentenced 8 defendants to life in jail and fined each of them 100,000 BD. It also sentenced 7 others to 10 years in jail and fined them 100,000 BD.
The court handed down 15-year jail term to an arrested, 5-year jail term to 4 arrested, and 5-year jail term to another 4, 3-year jail term to an arrested, 1-year jail term to 9 defendants and acquitted one defendant.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture