Case of Employee in Civil Defense Accused of Bribery Adjourned
2019-12-12 - 7:46 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court adjourned the case of an employee in the Civil Defense, accused of receiving bribery in return for offering a service to one of the companies, to December 18 for pleading.
The public prosecution received a notice from the Anti-Corruption Directorate stating that an employee affiliated with the civil defense demanded and received 2,000 BD as a bribe in return for offering a service to one of the companies. The prosecution started its investigations, listened to testimonies of the attesting witnesses and questioned the suspect who admitted the charges brought against him. The prosecution ordered to detain him pending investigation.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture