Al-Wefaq: 133 Violations against Detainees, Prison Terms Exceeding 400 Years against 49 Citizens during December
2020-01-15 - 7:28 p
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, the largest opposition society, said that it monitored, during December 2019, continuing serious human rights violations, increase in abuses of arbitrary sentences or violations against conditions of prisoners of conscience.
According to the monthly report issued by Al-Wefaq in December 2019, 133 violations in Bahraini prisons were recorded against 105 prisoners of conscience, including 103 cases of denial of treatment, 6 enforced disappearances, 126 raids on homes, residential facilities and areas, as well as the arrest of 25 citizens to be presented to judicial parties.
49 citizens were sentenced to prison terms up to 403 years and 6 months, including 9 life imprisonments and fines reaching 1,700,000 dinars, equivalent to $4,515,000 and $600,000.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom