Sheikh Al-Jamri's Trial Commences, Preacher Zainuldin Detention Renewed, Mulla Al-Samahiji Released
2020-02-21 - 5:58 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities began the trial of Shiite cleric and prominent preacher Sheikh Abdulmohsen Mulla Atiya Al-Jamri over charge of insulting Muawiyah Bin Abi Sufyan and Banu Umayya and decided to adjourn the case until February 27, 2020, with his continued detention.
The authorities arrested Al-Jamri while leaving the country over a sermon he delivered in which he said that the “history books are full of figures that have no value to humanity and morals like Muawiyah and Banu Umayya”.
In the same context, the authorities renwed the detention of Hussaini preaceher Mulla Zainuldin from Diraz for 15 days pending investigation. Meanwhile, the authorities released Mulla Abdulzahraa Al-Samahiji who was arrested on January 13, 2020 over a religious lecture.
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife