Sheikh Abdulmohsen Mulla Atiya Al-Jamri Sentenced to One Year in Jail over Religious Lecture
2020-02-28 - 7:21 p
Bahrain Mirror: A Bahraini court sentenced on Thursday (February 27, 2020) Shiite cleric Sheikh Abdulmohsen Mulla Atiya Al-Jamri to one year in jail over a religious sermon he delivered few weeks ago.
The authorities accused Al-Jamri of insulting Muawiyah Bin Abi Sufyan because he said "history books are full of figures that have no value to humanity and morals like Muawiyah and Banu Umayya".
Authorities pursue Shiite clerics for their religious lectures, accuse them of insulting figures glorified by another sect for speaking about Yazid ibn Muawiyah, the murderer of Imam Hussein, or for talking about other historical figures, in an attempt to religiously restrict the Shiite majority.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour