Nabeel Rajab: I am Deeply Saddened by Suffering of Prisoners, I'll Write Stories from Prison Experience
2020-06-17 - 5:25 am
Bahrain Mirror: In his second comment following his release on June 9, 2020, Nabeel Rajab said via his Instagram page that he is saddened by the suffering of the prisoners. Nabeel also promised to write a story from his experience in prison when he has opportunity to do so.
"In recent months, our worst concern in prison was the health and lives of our families in the light of the Coronavirus outbreak, especially that there are prisoners who have lost a loved one or a friend inside or outside the country as a result of this disease," Rajab said.
He added, "I am deeply saddened by the suffering of my friends, whom I left behind in prison, especially in the light of family visits suspension for nearly six months, as the prison administration tried to compensate for this suspension by allowing prisoners to make video calls with their families. Even though this was not enough, it was a unique opportunity for those who have not seen their family for many years due to living outside Bahrain or inability of parents to visit their sons in prison for various reasons."
"One of them was the inmate who has not seen his son since his birth, 23 years ago, as he has been in prison since then, noting that his son got married and had a child. There are other similar cases. The visual communication relieved the prisoners and allowed them to see their loved ones."
Rajab wished freedom to all his comrades and wished they meet their families and relatives soon, stressing that "we should always be hopeful". "I will write stories from my experience in prison whenever I have the opportunity to do so," he added.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour