Court Sentences Defendant to 5 Years in Prison over Charge of Burning Car in Sitra
2020-07-25 - 11:15 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Court of Appeal in Bahrain upheld a 5-year prison sentence issued against a defendant charged with participating with others in burning an old vehicle on the highway in Sitra.
The authorities had accused the defendants of setting fire to an old car on May 25, 2018 on the highway in Sitra "for a terrorist purpose."
A first-instance ruling was issued in June 2018, and so the defendant appealed the sentence, but the court rejected his appeal and indicated that the appellant did not offer anything new that would affect the validity of the ruling, while the Court of Cassation upheld the verdict.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture