In Televised Speech on Ashura Occasion: Al-Daihi Stresses on Patience until Achieving Demands, Calls for Commemorating Ashura under Health Restrictions
2020-08-20 - 8:26 p
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society deputy Secretary-General, Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi, stressed what he dubbed "Strategic Patience" in order to achieve demands, confirming that "the people of Bahrain are a school for positive patience associated with work throughout their political history, and their movement will end with victory and achieving the great goals they are seeking."
In his speech, Al-Daihi talked about the issue of normalization with Israel, describing what happened as a stab in the back of the Palestinians right, and a crime that cannot be tolerated, pointing out that the rush of some Arab regimes towards normalization reveals the old relations with Israel.
Al-Daihi reiterated his emphasis on sticking to the just Palestinian cause and its centrality to the nation, denouncing what he described as the shameful steps taken by the regimes, including "the Bahraini regime, which has become clear that it is eager to establish this illegal relationship with the entity, contrary to the popular will."
He also addressed the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Mossad official, who is expected to visit Bahrain soon and Israelis in general, calling on them not to be happy because "the people of Bahrain will always see you as enemies and occupiers."
With regard to the Ashura season amid the Coronavirus pandemic, Sheikh Al-Daihi stressed on the commitment to all of what has been said and what comes in the statements of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim and senior scholars, stressing on the commemoration of Ashura by all the available mean while adhering to the required medical procedures.
He denounced the authorities' interference in performing the rituals and the attempt to politicize the pandemic, calling on the authorities to stop harassing and assaulting Ashura manifestations for any reason.
At the end of his speech, Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi recalled the detainees who were still denied the right to perform rituals in prisons due to the several and deliberate harassment they are subjected to. He prayed for the release of all of the prisoners, mainly Al-Wefaq Secretary-General Sheikh Ali Salman and the rest of the imprisoned figures.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour