Court Sentences Colonel Al-Zayani to Two Years in Jail over Charge of Insulting Judiciary
2021-07-09 - 12:47 am
Bahrain Mirror: The minor criminal sentenced retired colonel Mohammad Al-Zayani to a two-year jail term with the execution of the sentence over charge of insulting the judiciary.
The public prosecution said it investigated Al-Zayani after the Supreme Judicial Council asked it to investigate him and launch a criminal lawsuit against him after publishing a recording in which he insulted the judicial authority.
The authorities summoned Al-Zayani on June 23 to investigate him after he spoke about corruption in the judiciary on his Instagram account and decided to arrest him pending investigation.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour