Dry Dock Prison Director Confiscates Religious Books and Belongings of Young Detainees due to their Hunger Strike: Activist
2021-11-19 - 2:37 am
Bahrain Mirror: Dry Dock Prison director Fahd Al-Kooheji ordered to storm the youths prison cells and confiscate their religious books and belongings after they announced launching hunger strike against not receiving needed medical care following the spread of scabies among them, human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh reported.
She added that young prisoners were kept with only two uniforms and that the prison administration threatened them to further harass them as a punishment for continuing their open hunger strike.
Young detainees demand to spend more time under sunlight and to have their prison cells, which are closed for 23 hours, opened, indicating that this caused the spread of skin diseases among them, including scabies.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour