Diplomatic Journalist Embarrasses State Department Spokesman on US Stance Regarding Dr. Al-Singace's Case
2022-01-14 - 2:16 am
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Sayed Ahmed Al-Wadaei, director of advocacy at Bahrain Institute for Rights and Democracy, posted a tweet via his Twitter account saying that the Associated Press diplomatic journalist Matt Lee embarrassed the State Department spokesman during his speech.
Matt Lee asked Price a question about Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace. He said "I've raised this case before. The academic Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace is on hunger strike. People have been calling for his release. I don't know exactly if you called for his release before, but you have to pay attention to this case. I am wondering if you have anything new you have to say about that."
Price denied being informed of any updates on Al-Singace, saying "I am not aware we have any new, but if we do, I will let you know."
Abduljalil Al-Singace, held in Jaw Prison, has been on a hunger strike since July 2021.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom