Prison Sentences Reaching 15 Years against 4 Detainees, including Two children
2022-02-28 - 11:03 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Criminal Court issued on Monday (February 27, 2022) prison sentences against two youths who are less than 18 years old.
The court convicted child Hasan Mubarak, 15, and sentenced him to 3 years in prison. It also sentenced Yousef Yaser, 17, to 6 months in prison.
The court also convicted Jassim Mohammad and sentenced him to 10 years in jail and issued a 15-year jail term against Salman Ali Salman.
The four defendants are from Samaheej village, which witnesses peaceful protests calling for freedom and democracy in Bahrain. Despite the passage of the Corrective Justice Law for Children, its scope of application is still limited before the judiciary. Detained children have not benefited enough of it, international human rights organizations confirm.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom