Detainee Beaten for Commemorating Religious Rituals
2022-04-25 - 6:04 p
Bahrain Mirror: Detainee Mohammad Al-Eskafi was beaten by prison guards for holding a condolences Majlis on the anniversary of the martyrdom of Imam Ali bin Abi Talib.
Activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh confirmed that Al-Eskafi, detained in building 21 in Dry Dock Prison, was severely beaten by prison guards, and that the effects of beatings are clear on his face.
She said that prison cameras documented the assault on Al-Eskafi and called for an investigation into the incident and for holding accountable the guards who assaulted him.
Al-Eskafi's father called for protecting his son and revealing his fate after he was taken to an unknown location and after losing contact with him.
Al-Saegh called for revealing Al-Eskafi's fate and enabling prisoners to practice their religious rituals without restriction, noting that this is one of the most basic rights of prisoners.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom