Police in Jaw Prison Steals Political Prisoner's Money, MoI Doesn't Investigate Complaint
2022-05-19 - 7:25 p
Bahrain Mirror: Political prisoners continue to complain of stealing their money which they use to buy food and phone cards by the prison police, amid Ministry of Interior's failure to protect their rights.
Activists broadcast a recording of prisoner of conscience Mohammed Baqir Adel Adam, explaining how his money was stolen by a policeman.
The prisoner explained that his bank card, which he uses to buy phone cards, was returned to him after 47 dinars were deducted from his bank account on two batches, 40 dinars and then 7 dinars.
The prisoner filed his complaint with the prison administration, but it was neglected. The prison administration did not provide any explanation on the issue.
Political prisoners suffer ill-treatment by police of different nationalities employed in the Interior Ministry. Prisoners also lodged numerous complaints about being prevented from practicing religious rituals.
Authorities have arrested Mohamed Baqir Adel Adam since 2017 for his political views and peaceful activity.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour