Amnesty Int'l Calls for Urgent Action to Release Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace
2022-07-06 - 12:37 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Amnesty International called for an urgent action to release imprisoned academic in Bahrain Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace.
Amnesty asked its followers to appeal to the King of Bahrain, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, and Crown Prince and Prime Minister, Salman bin Hamad, to release Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace immediately and unconditionally, and urge them to ensure he receives his medication without delay and has access to adequate healthcare, in compliance with medical ethics, including the principles of confidentiality, autonomy, and informed consent, and is protected from further torture and other ill-treatment. The organization also asked its followers to call on the King and the Crown Prince to ensure that Al-Singace's work is immediately handed over to his family.
The organization said that Al-Singace, who has been on a hunger strike for a year, since 8 July 2021, announced on 29 June that he would also stop taking salts, in protest at the Bahraini authorities' withholding some of his medication, increasing concerns over the deterioration of his already poor health.
Amnesty noted that Abduljalil Al-Singace has served over 11 years of a life sentence in Bahrain's Jaw prison for his peaceful role in Bahrain's 2011 uprising. The BICI report documented the torture and other ill-treatment of Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom