Bahraini Officials Meet with Leadership of US Fifth Fleet
2022-07-20 - 3:56 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): The Official US Naval Forces Central Command in Bahrain announced in a tweet that Bahraini officials, including Major General Dr. Sheikh Hamad bin Mohamed Al Khalifa, deputy chief of public security for the Ministry of Interior, visited the Naval Forces Central Command and met with Navy vice admiral Brad Cooper to discuss future opportunities for integrating unmanned systems in maritime operations.
The United States led what it described as the Middle East's largest naval exercise, IMX/CE 2022, which began on January 31 in Bahrain.
The training included 9,000 personnel and up to 50 ships from more than 60 partner nations and international organizations operating across two regions.
The exercise continued until February 17. Israel took part in the exercise too.
Bahrain hosts the US Fifth Fleet, whose area of operations includes the Gulf, the Gulf of Oman, the Arabian Sea, the Gulf of Aden, the Red Sea and parts of the Indian Ocean.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom